In 2017, OTP Bank (Ukraine) considered launching a digital bank for business clients. Before product development, SME Banking Agency carried out comprehensive market research.
Between November 2017 and February 2018, the experts conducted a study and prepared a report that included the following:
- analysis of the business environment: market capacity and sectoral structure of small businesses in Ukraine, criteria for choosing a bank, and the needs of customers in banking services;
- key trends in the development of digital business banking in Ukraine, Poland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Russia;
- digital strategy of major banks serving small businesses in Ukraine;
- an overview of existing Internet business banking and mobile business banking and their functionality;
- the leading vendors of digital business banking.
The report also presented cases and best practices for developing the functionality of leading banks’ digital services for small businesses in Ukraine, Poland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Russia.
The Bank used the study’s results when launching digital banking for business clients.
Between July 2019 and December 2020, AFC, in cooperation with the SME Banking Club from Ukraine, assisted Oschadbank in developing the necessary internal capacity and adjusting the processes for the provision of efficient lending services to eligible MSMEs.
Implementation of Internet banks and mobile banking applications for SME based on in-house research and partner solutions.
At the beginning of 2019, Alfa-Bank Ukraine engaged SME Banking Agency experts to evaluate the effectiveness and functionality of the platform and compare it with competing banks in the Ukrainian market and counterparts from the countries of the region.